Re: Thoughts on Sartar

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:00:30 +0100 (BST)

There has always been a pretty clear prophecy given to the Hendriki (in particular the Orshanti whose exiles become the Colymar on the rise of the Red Moon) that the one who will heal the wound in Orlanth's side that is the red Goddess will come from Dragon Pass. The relevant material is in the Colymar Book in King of Sartar. Whether Sartar's motivation was related to that prophecy, prompted by dissent at home among the Hendriki, or a product of the Larnsts changeable nature itself in that the Larnsti themselves had to change, I have no idea. Its interesting to note that the Colymar who are descended from the Orshanti refused to join Sartar's kingdom (weakening the project and leading to prophecies of the kingdom's fall). Perhaps the Colymar did not believe in the Larnsti.

The Larnsti do remain an intriguing enigma, about which we only have AFIAK we only have the tantalising hints in G:IttHW. Like many of the mysteries of the Holy Country maybe the future will reveal more.

Ian Cooper

Do You Yahoo!?