Sartar

From: Mick Rowe <MickRowe_at_kerofin.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:50:10 +0100

This is my first posting after lurking longer than I care to remember. So I hope no one takes offence or laughs too hard.

One possibility is that Sartar was actually an agent of the Lunar long term plan. They needed a viable opponent for the utuma ceremony and so Sartar forged a kingdom out of bickering tribes that would eventually have the resources to command dragons. Of course, he couldn't tell the stupid tribesmen this and so founded his own cult to continue this work. Argrath, his descendent, knew these secrets and liberated the world by making the Red Goddess part of the world.

Many of the Empires within Glorantha seem to want to return the world to a better age. Sections of the EWF wanted to return to the Green Age ie. the rivalists, such as Pavis; and the Remakers, who tried to recreate the ancient races. Some wanted to be dragons, the primeval creators of the world. The Dara Happans believe Yelm's Golden age is the best era. The Orlanthi look back at the Storm age.

It is ironic that for all their boasting for freedom and anyone can do anything their society has become as stagnant as Yelm's empire was. The only person who has changed the tribes is Sartar.

The world needs to evolve to survive, just what the Lunar's preach.

Mick Rowe
email: mickrowe_at_kerofin.freeserve.co.uk ICQ: 118582495

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #430