Unfreezing swamps

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:34:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, The Glorantha Digest wrote:

> Delecti must use some kind of magic to keep the swamp from freezing
> considering the surrounding region certainly isn't sub-tropical.

When I consulted an eminent scholar (Quackface Quillwing) of the Delecti matter, his reply went something as follows:

"Obviouthly, it mutht be thome thort of pernithious thide efpfect obv dthdose bvile unnatural ftorthes dthat delecti employth in hith campaign to replathe all lipfe with hith bvile undead monthterth!"

The rest is simply too painful to continue to transcribe, but the long and short of it is that Quillwing is of the opinion that Upland Marsh is not merely a place that HOSTS zombie creatures but actually IS a zombie environment in and of itself in many respects (or rrrethpektith). That is, the Marsh is sorcerously frozen in the season that was happening when Delecti finished his zombification enchantment. It was not an intentional result but more of a side effect due to the revolting scope of the magics employed.