Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #434

From: Graeme P. Bell <graemepbell_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:05:49 +0100

As the Finns have pointed out, swamp isn't just water. *Pure* water in the RW freezes at 0 degrees Celcius. Real water (outside of a laboratory) freezes at lower temperatures due to impurities. Also, the complexities of how cold weather "feels" are even harder than meteorology. That's just in the RW. I'm Scottish and I found the massively subzero Minnesotan Winter more pleasant than the "dreech" 0 +/- 2 degrees weather I was brought up with. Large bodies of water never froze, even in supposedly harsh Winters.

I apologise to the Americans but I haven't a clue what those numbers are in Fahrenheit. RQ was all SI units why not HQ?

Delecti, never need bother in his low lying basin. It might feel horrible, due to the humidity being high, but the actual temperature wouldn't lead to large scale freezing. I'd love to pin Greg down to actual temperatures for regions, tho'.