Apologies to Other Monotheists

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:45:49 -0700

>Maybe the monotheism YOU have seen teaches that, but not the
>monotheism I adhere to. The Orthodox Church's theology is strongly
>grounded in immanence. We refer to it as "panentheism"--nothing can
>exist without the direct and constant activity of God within that thing.

I stand corrected for my gross overstatement. Indeed, other monotheist religions also adhere to less transcendent beliefs. No offense intended. I myself believe in the imminence of divinity and am, frankly a bit perplexed by any other belief.

>Gee, kind of like the Burning Bush or Barlaam's donkey?
I do not see this as imminence. Plenty of Biblical interpreters do not see these as indicators of imminence.
Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>