Re: HPG BunWars : the RPG !!

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:39:35 +0200

Alex :

> You seem to be taking Greg's bubble-chart diagram as a given, and his
> gloss on it as entirely mutable, which is a little odd.

Indeed, I am.

> I'm a bit clearer about what you seem to be suggesting (I think!) but
> no more convinced thereby. If the transcendent "world" were actually
> something different, what, pray tell, would characterise it?

Sorry, but the question is nonsensical. Transcendence is actually the reverse of characterisation or differences, which is a bit mind-boggling really.

> > Well, approaching the higher realm(s) certainly entails a change in
> > perspective. As does approaching the lower ones, or even the sideways ones
> > for that matter.
>
> To approach the transcendent world requires a quite different order
> of change in one's self than any of the others.

No, because to enter (or even contact) *any* otherworld is a transcendental power. The source(s) of such transcendence in Glorantha is/are another matter, & up to Greg.

cheers,

Julian