Re: Apologies to other monotheists

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:05:26 EDT

Greg:

<< I stand corrected for my gross overstatement. Indeed, other monotheist
religions also adhere to less transcendent beliefs.>>

    Although, to bring this to Glorantha, the mainstream Malkioni do seem to be at least somewhat transcendent in their beliefs. No doubt there are exceptions - given the clear immanence in Orlanthi beliefs, it seems to me that at least some of the henotheists would be likely to be such, for instance.

<< I myself believe in the imminence of divinity and am, frankly a bit
perplexed by any other belief. >>

     Hopefully, the eulogy to God's creation I wrote in Sorcerer Knights (in chapter 1) goes some way towards explaining to readers/players how a (relatively) non-immanent belief system can still be positive and life-affirming. Because, to the Loskalmi, I'm sure that it is.

Forward the Golden Banner of Flame!
Trotsky