Dragonlook

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:36:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Subject: Tought on the dragons of Glorantha
>
> How do you people see the (dream)dragons of
> Glorantha?
>
> Do you think they have heavy-fishlike scales, or
> skin like a snake, or
> parhaps more like a dinosaur(propably like a
> crocodile).

the dream dragons, I imagine similar to the dragons of D&D, to the wyrms and seadragons of mythology, according to the place where they live/roam/feed.

> Also, do you see the dragons as hugely heavy
> reptilian creatures with
> relatively small wings(like those of a small bird,
> in comparison), that
> just flies magically.
>
> Or do you see them as rather light and graceful
> creatures, with wings at
> least the sice of a tennis field halves for a drake
> of a few hundread
> kiloes (as aerodynamics would warrant).

None of the above: real dragons, IMO, are not, in a general sense, dragons. They are mighty entities. Orlanthi can see them as huge reptilians, but maybe Uz see them as huge insects, merman as huge krakens, Kralorelans as huge serpents, Praxians as giants etcetera. IMG, at least.

You remember Excalibur with Nicol Williamson? The Dragon there was an incarnation of the power of nature, not a beast or a dinosaur. Anyway they are so beyond comprehension, that I suspect you can't strat to describe them, but it's better to describe the feeling they give to the players, in a game: dread, hope, awe etcetera.

Gian

Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more. http://buzz.yahoo.com/