Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #436

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:10:07 -0700

At 11:45 AM 6/16/2001 -0700, you wrote:
Julian said:
>> To approach the transcendent world requires a quite different order
>> of change in one's self than any of the others.
>
>No, because to enter (or even contact) *any* otherworld is a
transcendental power.
>The source(s) of such transcendence in Glorantha is/are another matter, &
up to
>Greg.

AHA! This is the source of all the confusion, I think. Otherworlds are DEFINITELY NOT trasncendant.

>What about all the dinosaurs in Dragon Pass?
>
>Or have they been
>(1) Gregged, or
>(2) they aren't actually "dinosaurs" in any RW sense, or
>(3) some other explanation for their continued survival.

(2) and (3).
The Thunder Lizards of Glorantha are a collective that do not all come from the same origins. Some are degenrate dragons, some are made by Earth deities, some are jus big things from toehr ages.