Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #440

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

> Subject: Greg gregs Greg?
>
> Greg Stafford wrote
> >
> >AHA! This is the source of all the confusion, I
> think.
> >Otherworlds are DEFINITELY NOT trasncendant.
>
> Greg, this is sure a source of confusion. To quote
> your own
> article written a month ago
> >None of the Short Worlds has any link or connection
> with the
> >Transcendant realm. This is their most significent
> difference from
> >the Otherworlds that are the basis for the magical
> perspectives of
> >Glorantha.
>
> Which clearly implies the Otherworlds DO have a
> link with the
> Transcendant realm. So, somewhere in the last month
> you have changed
> what you mean by either Otherworld or transcendant?
> Or there is some
> confusing semantic issue here?
> I really AM confused.
> Cheers
> David

I have understood the matter this way (and it looks to me plain enough):

Short worlds are not connected (as a general rule) to the trascendant reality which lies beyond the otherworlds;
Normal Otherworlds are connected (as a general rule) to the trascendent reality which lies beyond themselves.

Exceptions are known in both cases, but you can define the shortworlds as not-trascendent and the otehrworlds as trascendent and you are near an Orlanthi definition (85% of the cases).

Mispelling and confusion are a consequence of Mistyping/semantics, as you correctly guess.

Just my two lire.

Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/