Re: Celestiology

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:43:46 -0000

Hi

Stephen Tempest:
>What is a moon, in Gloranthan terms? What is the difference between
>moons, planets and stars?

There are lots of info there:

http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a/stellar-faq.html

>Is it purely a matter of observed behaviour: stars rotate with the
>Sun Dome, planets wander around the sky, and moons stay in one place
>but revolve on their axis?

I suppose it's the Buseri terminology. I suppose it depends on what you call it in your mythology and what powers you associate with it. Is it the Blood Planet, the Red Sun, the Crimson Star?

>Is there a physical difference: stars are
>holes in the Dome, planets are small suns, and moons are big chunks of
>rock?

There is a physical difference, but certainly not the same whether you're a Dara Happan, a Zzaburite or a Doraddi. All those bodies and their apparent behaviours exist in their own right, but people have different stories that explain them, and different othersides when they worship them. It's really puzzling.

Jerome