Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #447

From: Erik Nolander <erik.nolander_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:24:17 +0200

At 11:45 2001-06-27 -0700, Jerome Blondel wrote:

>Indeed the sky dome is not a cheese-cover. I like the idea that navigators
>can use the red moon though. Measuring the shift between her and Kalikos
>could help find out if you drift too far east or west when voyaging
>north-south. But it matters that the shift be measurable.

I've thought about this as well, but then I remembered hearing that the Red Moon probably stays the same height everywhere in Glorantha, except within the Glowline. I think this is in print somewhere, or maybe it has been discussed here on the Digest. Don't know what I prefer though, but since the RM is kind of "in-between" the Inner Plane and the Godplane, I think it makes sense and becomes a lot creepier if it stays the same height.

>Asking directions from the mermen and other fish is still an option.

Try to stay clear from Malasps, though... ;)

Just my nickel,

Erik Nolander