Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #449

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 13:30:27 -0000

Hi

>From: Erik Nolander

> >Measuring the shift between her [the Red Moon] and Kalikos
> >could help find out if you drift too far east or west >when voyaging
>north-south. But it matters that the shift be >measurable.
>
>I've thought about this as well, but then I remembered hearing that the Red
>Moon probably stays the same height everywhere in Glorantha, except within
>the Glowline.

I was thinking horizontally :-) In the western seas the moon is east of Kalikos (north star), and vice-versa, but as you get closer to some "red moon meridian", the moon gets closer to Kalikos (assuming it's in the same direction as the Crater).

But you couldn't measure the moon's altitude. (and knowing this, your distance to the Crater). So it looks like a good thing!

Jerome