Navigation

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:01:32 +0200

Jerome:

> Vadeli come from there?). Others would do like the Vikings who sailed in
> night-less summer under a cloudy sky, or (in the east and Maslo?) like the
> Polynesians.

The main navigation aid of the Polynesians is "starpaths", i.e. where on the horizon various stars rise and set. This is obviously not useful in Glorantha, but the supplementary methods, using clouds, wave patterns and the flight patterns of sea birds feels very suitable for the East Isles. Also, since the islands in the East Isles are much closer to each other than the island groups of Polynesia, I assume you can come a long way with the use of landmarks.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?