Orlanthi and EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 12:28:58 +1200

Guy Hoyle:

>Mentally, I've always had a hard time squaring the EWF with
>Orlanthi/Heortling culture. Where Heortlings are conservative and
>traditional, the EWF was innovative to a fault. How did a culture
>devoted to Orlanth and Ernalda spawn such a weird empire?

The Heortlings are conservative and traditional _now_ because of their past experience with innovation. But they were a lot less conservative in the good old days.

Secondly they were under the rule of the Uz and the traditional Orlanthi methods weren't any good (coz it brought about their current predicament).