Re: Red Moon Risin' (a trifle long)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:45:56 +0100 (BST)

Erik Nolander has:
> A heretical thought: if the Empire succeeds
> in killing Orlanth, would this mean the Red Moon would become more of a
> Middle Air object, and so would seem to "be" more in the world than it seems
> now?

Ironically, perhaps the reverse: if the Glowline is extended, then it starts to seem more like a Sky/Upper Air entity, rather than a Middle Air one.

One might rationalise this my saying that the Glowline is an artifact of imperialism, rather than lunar power per se, hence the "enhanced" sky connection.

[And on Jerome Blondel, and the moon in the direction of the crater]

> I think you're right about this, and it also seems to fit with the
> 'Roving Searchlight' theory about the phases of the moon.

Indeed, I concur. It's always been my assumption, but I don't know of any Canonical source for it.