Re: Red Moon eclipses

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:37:34 -0700 (PDT)

Another possibility that springs to mind is that there is an eclipse of the sun every day, but the relatively northern position of the Red Moon compared to the Sun means that the shadow is very, very far north. In fact, assuming that the RM is "lower" than the sky, at Dawn it would start off as a shadow in the western Sky, then descend in an arc toward the north. At noon, the shadow would be at its lowest point. Perhaps it touches the Earth, perhaps not. From noon on, it re-ascends in an arc to the east. The "closer" the Moon is to the sky, the less the arc would be on Earth.

I have no idea what this would mean, but I cannot imagine it would be nice to sit in the shadow of the Red Moon.

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/