Total Eclipse

From: Topi Pitkänen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:56:00 +0300 (EEST)

> Anyone notice about half the last Digest was about this celestial
> guff? Truly we must be in the last of days. ;-)

Even quite quiet lurkers, like me, begin to get far fetched ideas because of this moon-sun babble...

I'd like to challenge the claim, that eclipses aren't a daily phenomena anywhere in Glorantha. What about the Rufelza herself? And the Crater which is propably as sunless as it gets...

Now does anyone really know where that black darkness cycling the moon is really coming from? I'm certain that there must be at least a few explanations, and I'd like to hear about them.

Still consider, isn't it obvious - even while the Red Moon is in many ways beyond obvious - that on the some side of the Rufelza's body there will be Yelm's Shadow ever lurking every moment of the day. So could it be said that Yelm's other has taken residence directly overhead Dara Happa?!

And remember also what the barbarians say: Rufelza is a wound in Orlanth's body. This Lunar thing is somewhat weird and sick from my point of view. Orlanatus is factually bleeding on the soil of the Empire's Heartlands - fertilizing their maize fields?!

Forgive me as I have written this somewhat lightly. I do find the relationship of Lunar and Solar seriously intresting.

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."