Total Eclipse

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:10:59 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Topi Pitkänen wrote:

> Now does anyone really know where that black darkness cycling
> the moon is really coming from? I'm certain that there must be
> at least a few explanations, and I'd like to hear about them.

There is a black moon orbiting the red moon, or if not a black moon, then a at least some sort of celestial body that is projecting darkness to the surface of the moon. I don't know if this is still true.

> I'd like to challenge the claim, that eclipses aren't a daily
> phenomena anywhere in Glorantha. What about the Rufelza herself?
> And the Crater which is propably as sunless as it gets...

That's propably true, since the moon is directly overhead over there. IMO the crater still gets some sunshine every day, even if the moon hovers in the sky, bloated and high up. I wonder why Dara Happans aren't alarmed by this. My mind boggles at the thought that the black moon eclipses the sun first during full moon!

Olli Kantola