Battle of Verge

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:10:53 +1200

Gianfranco Geroldi:

>I am interested in the details of the events
>concerning the death of Lokamayadon. The battle of
>Verge, the leaders of the Council-Nysalor and their
>enemies there.

No details have been published about this battle save what is in Storm Tribe (p236), Thunder Rebels (p151), http://www.glorantha.com/new/lokamayadon.html and http://www.glorantha.com/new/armyhistory_beguiling.html.

Since the battle occurs a decade before Harmast undertakes the Lightbringers quest (TR), it occurs sometime circa 415 ST.

>Were the antagonists involved all Orlanthi?

No, Palangio killed Vagast in the battle and he was a Dara Happan (or more accurately Rinliddi).

>Since Lokamayadon was so powerful, how could his enemy
>defeat him?

The Lunars would be interested in knowing the answer to that question.