Re: Cult of Canon

From: Topi Pitkänen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:02:27 +0300 (EEST)

Lainaus The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com>:

> Subject: The Cannon Cult, more than it could be?

> If enough benighted humans worship the Cannon the wrong way for long
> enough, does it start actually acting like a God, even if the Dwarf
> didn't mean for it to?

Say, if It did that, wouldn't nilmergs come with numbers to eat the big thing!

(Is there MGF - what if? potential here!)

Personally I appreciate the Cannon Cult as an gloranthan fake religion, there are almost too few of those around. After all, it has been stated that Glorantha is full of bogus too. I think it is important, allthough usually, one is stuck with too many true (things). Call me benighted, but I'm happier with too many truths.

As the mostali most certainly know what they are doing with the Cult of Cannon, I see little possibility for that construction to malfunction. Nevertheless perhaps the worshipping devotion of the slaves makes true of the careless promises of rebirth after death as a cannon. So it might be that most of the cannons of the Cult nowadays have human souls. And if those cannons, while alive, hated say praxians - boy will they let it show!

Anyway, cheers. -Topi

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #458