RE: Some LBQ Answers, Greg Version

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:02:28 +0100 (BST)

> From: simonh_at_msi-uk.com

> As I understand it, Chalana Arroy knows how to heal mortal wounds.
> Within 7 days of death, the soul of the deceased stays connected to
> the body. So if a healer heals the mortal wound, the body and soul
> can be re-integrated.
>
> After 7 days the soul has been judged by Daka Fal and goes to the
> place of it's doom. At that point, the healer can't help. Orlanthi
> know how to go to the underworld and release the soul, so that a
> healer can heal the death wound.

But prior to reaching the Court of Silence, the dead soul is still in some other part of the underworld (the "upper underworld", as it were). So the CA types would necessarily have some knowledge of those areas, and both the LBQ, and CA resurrection require traversing them. (Followed by some other minor details, in the case of the LBQ...)

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #473