Syranthir's Wife

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:39:32 +0100

Kevin wondered:

> I have been wondering lately if there is a connection
> between Syranthir fathering a son by Charmain, and
> Froalar fathering a son (Ylream) to Seshna.

I intended this parallel to be drawn when I wrote the story that way. Glad you liked it!

Note too how Froalar exiles his firstborn son (Hrestol), while all indications are that Syranthir kills his (albeit because he's become a God Learner stooge or "sending" against him).

Ylream and Carmanos are both legitimised in their rule through the goddess of their lands.

I liked the Syranthir story too! Nice work, good mediaeval feel.

Cheers, Nick