Where Orlanthi souls go.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:46:40 +1200

Alex Ferguson:

>But prior to reaching the Court of Silence, the dead soul is still
>in some other part of the underworld (the "upper underworld", as it
>were).

Not really.

         Here is what happens when you die.

         Your soul separates from your body.  For seven days the soul
         lingers near the body, drifting further apart from it and
         developing spirit senses.  It is like yolk for the developing
         soul.

         When it is ready, the soul flies _inward_ into heart space,
         which is a mirror that cannot be penetrated until you are
         dead, or have acquired the heroquest initiation.
                         KoS p68.

So as far as I can see, no special heroquesting is required to raise a body less than a week old.