Re: Settlement of Fronela

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:29:56 -0400

Peter replied:

> >Wasn't coastal Fronela colonized by the Seshnegi just after the dawn?
>
> No. Sog City itself was founded during the Flood and the Malkioni had been visiting the region during the Golden Age.

Ah, sorry - I wasn't clear. Obviously Sog City was founded before the Dawn since they called the Janube river down from the Sweet Sea when the Flood receded. I was referring to the Codex #2 entry from your timeline stating:

"100 ST Silver Empire Colonies have expanded along the entire Fronelan Coastline [C#2]."

I am assuming that the "Silver Empire" was Seshnela, although other information suggests that Seshnela was not called the Silver Empire until the reign of King Lofting (194-247).

What I am trying to do is clarify for myself what Syranthir's Ten Thousand were like before their migration to Peloria - particularly as it relates to Syranthir and Charmain. Assuming (possibly wrongly) that the Brithini colonists around Sog City were not the ancestors of most of the western Fronelans, it seems logical that the Seshnelan colonists were those ancestors.

Were the pre-GodLearner Fronelans henotheistic? There were certainly a lot of Seshnelans that were, but during King Lofting's rule the Hrestoli cracked down on the pagans - and Sog City was the site of Hrestol's martyrdom. Was Fronela a place where dissidents fled to, or where the faithful Hrestoli migrated? Or both?

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!

~Kevin

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #475