Shargash and Humakt

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:34:41 -0700

At 11:45 AM 8/19/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> Here I thought Shargash killed him, just like he killed everything
>else before he killed himself (or let himself die, because there was
>nothing left to kill).

Ooops! Mixing Mythologies here!
A Terrestial comparison would be to cite the story where the Hindu Gods and Antigods were having a war and then Thor comes over and does someting. Please understand this: all the deities and stories have another level of meaning that is deeper than the surface events of the stories. The Humakti destructions of the Unvierse storeis are one version of the deeper story which ais gold, in the Yelm Pantheon, about Shargash.

When the worhsipppers of both pantheons mingled they noticed these similarities and the worshippers intermingled their gods' actions.