Yemalio in Balazar

From: Oliver Bernuetz <oliver_bernuetz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:20:42 -0500

Peter Larsen wonders :

>Well, I don't know. As I point out above, Shargash, Maran Gor, and
>even Orlanth seem to be Great Gods in one place and not in others. I
>suspect Yelmalio is a Great God in Sun Country (multiple aspects), >and
>maybe in the Sun Dome lands in Sartar, but is he that complex >through the
>Empire? In Balazar?

Can't resist this since it's one of my favourite topics! My opinion is that he's not as important in Balazar as he is in Sun County or the Sun Dome lands. The Balazarings have quite a few spirits they worship that replace aspects of Yemalio found elsewhere. In Balazar he's basically a war/leadership deity and that's about it. The Balazarings look to their native spirits for any other aspects he might have.

All IMHO of course.

Oliver