Humakt is Death

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:57:28 -0500

Andre says:

>Greg reminded us that Humakt does not only wield death but IS death.

        There's some good stuff here, but I guess I'd add that Humakt is Death for the Heortlings. Other cultures don't know or care about Humakt, and they still die just fine. Humakt may be a particularly bad example, as Death is something separate from Humakt in the myths, but since the Orlanthi seem to feel that the analogy is the thing, maybe that doesn't matter. Anyway, Earthquakes happen where Maran is unknown, winds blow where Orlanth is unknown, and so on.

Peter Larsen