Alanthore and Moonson

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:44:26 -0400

Peter replies to Ian:

> >Isn't the Emperor's participation in the rights 'sacrificial
> >kingship'
>
> I like think the Emperor fell into the category of "social parasite" and so was assigned the role as Alanthore. But Greg's previously stated here that his disappearance was a great shock to JarEel which would argue against that theory.

For what it is worth, in my game (barring further revelations) Argentus is going to take the role of Alanthore, and doesn't return because he fits the role too closely. In GRofY Sedenya is referred to as a "degenerate Sun" (or something like that), which I thought made her immortal son amusingly similar to the Red/Blood Sun. The Sinoda priests might have realized this and maneuvered him into that role to permanently kill him off. Of course far more hasn't been said about the Alanthore plotline than has. Speculation in a vacuum is fun, but probably fruitless.

~Kevin