Arkat and EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:58:53 +1200

Jim Brick

>When did Arkat arrive in Dragon Pass chasing Gabji?

Between 440 (when he landed at Kethaela) and 450 ST (when Gbaji was killed in Dorastor).

>How long before his human followers got fed up with him becoming a Darkman
>and his joining the Uz to continue his assualt?

Not all his human followers got fed up with him. Many disliked his transformation but still carried on fighting Gbaji. The date of his troll conversion however is unknown.

>How long after that did the Dragonkill War take place?

The Dragonkill War happened in 1120 or almost seven centuries after Gbaji was killed.

>Was Arkat one of the catalysts of the breakdown of the EWF? Or
>did he just take advatage of what was happening?

Arkat's crusade against Gbaji occurred before the EWF was formed.

>The armies from Sun County and Prax that went to help in DP were
>destroyed in the Dragonkill War. What was their conection to the
>EWF?
The Praxians were intent on looting Dragon Pass and had been hostile to the EWF as they had defiled Prax. Sun County has a more ambivalent attitude towards Dragons and the EWF, as its founders had come from the Empire.

>I am assuming the Sun County were responding to help aid the
>humans that were still trying to hold the EWF together. I seem
>to recall that they were established by the EWF.

The EWF had disappeared in 1043 ST (due to the Blue Moon Assassinations). There were humans in DP but they were not trying to hold the EWF together. Precisely why Sun County sent an army is a bit of a riddle.

>But what about the Praxians? I don't see why they would care
>or send help. Maybe I am remembering wrong about them sending
>warriors.

You are not wrong. Jaldon lead an estimated 50,000 warriors into the Dragonkill.