USA and EWF???

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:09:22 -0400 (EDT)

>> himself called on his Supporters in Luathela.) I can find many
similarities
>> between Orlanthi attitude to freedom and that of USAs. (Violence is
always
>> an option.)

>Actually, that's similar to all modern powerful countries. I cannot think
>of a single major power that does not subscribe to "Violence is always an
>option."

I think so, but majority of Gloranthan fans are English stock, and I think this parallel maybe does not so attract them, but I think Tension between EWF and Middle Sea Empire can be used with more modernistic...(sorry, but Glorantha and main Interest to History is generally placed to too Ancient, perhaps I have found some difficulty with USA history as Long Timetraited-  resources for description. 1st Age and 3rd Age Orlanthi are too traditional primitive... I think there is not enough sources for using parallels for EWF. Maybe that is not for interesting for most of you.

>> hypothesis of split Future of USA, after USA Civil War, (I cannot believe
>> the existence of any country who has only "one" CIVIL WAR in history.)
AFAIK
>Canada has had no civil wars. And actually the USA was founded as the
>result of a civil war, although we call it a "revolution".

Canada is still the Part of British Empire! I`m sorry...

>> Americans prefer contractions and initials as Roman Empire SPQR because
they
>> think they are in a sense their successors, I know many Gloranthans
debated

>We aren't the world leaders in contractions and abbreviations. The
>British lead us a great deal in that area. For example, all of us yanks
>in the lab were talking about "edible vaccines". It was a commonwealth
>type who came up with "Edvax", and we all immediately decided to keep
>using "edible vaccines" as our terminology. Even the Ozzies in the lab
>thought that "edvax" was far too English for their taste.

I recall that EWF is not a contraction...Greg Stafford called (or changed to) Youf currently, EWF is understood as Empire of Wyrms Friend as modern 16C terminology..(Perhaps in some of the lab of Lhankor Mhy temple...) I am too Americanized Japanese...

>> how they could distribute Orlanthi of many regions (Ralian, Talastari,
>> Heortling, etc...), to RW each Ancient Europian parallels (Who uses
>> Bagpipes?). But USA characteristics of each Areas maybe more emphasized
for
>> Greg Stafford is a USA citizen.

>You're insisting far too much on a literal correspondence. Sometimes, a
>fiction could actually be fictional.

Maybe so, but do you truly describe How was EWF? I don`t think so. Draconic Sources are prohibited by Greg Stafford as easily understandable sources for setting Fantasy World. See Dragon Pantheon. Orlanthi was the leader of that Empire..if they are not perfectly human stock.

>> the back of the bill 1 Dollar, One Eyed Pyramid and their Magic of Free
>> Masonry (Novus Ordo Seclorum), the God of Reason. (God Learners?) Anyway,

>Oboy, you're at least a century too late for that conspiracy theory to
>get any credence except for people who believe that the X-Files are a
>documentary.

I like X-files. please don`t curse its name.

>> Heros in the Legend, that will be interesting analogy...British Empire
has
>> great resemblance to God Learners...And if I can twist this argument
>> enough..

>Twist is a good word to use. I could likewise start with a lack of
>knowledge about Japanese history and twist it to be the EWF...

I let you do that, but Japan Archiperago is too small for setting an International Society. If Japan can be the Source of Ancient Glorantha, I prefer more small, marchant style Area for that. (maybe some part of Slontos? Trickster temple?)

>> About Godlearners & Argalis
>> I have tried to understand many writings of Greg Stafford for Malkionism
>> like a Byzantine Theologician...(but I should confess I cannot still

>If you try to understand it that way, you will understand nothing. I'm an
>Orthodox Christian, and I can assure you from familiarity with "Byzantine"
>theologians

I used the word "Byzantine" as Renaissance Italian Merchant sense, "non-practical, superficial, over-religious, heretical, ..." many other bad meaning, I have no intention to link me to Eastern Orthodox Christians. I didn`t think orthodox christian is majority of Gloranthan Digester..

>that there is no special resemblence between Malkionism in any
>of its forms and the Christianity of the "Byzantines". If it resembles
>any form of Christianity, it is that of Western Medieval Europe.

I agree you. I think you misunderstood me.

CM aka Terra Incognita