Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #497

From: SIMONBRAYUK_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:04:48 EDT

Hi All,

> >Well, Uleria is the sole surviving member of the Celestial Court. That cuts
> >across many cultures, and in many ways qualifies her for "greatness" of
> >itself. No mortal worships Arachne Solara (except possibly Cragspider the
> >Witch, to the extent she's mortal), but none of the cultures that
> >acknowledge her would deny her greatness.
>
> The inhabitants of Beast Valley all worship Arachne Solara and spirits
> associated with her through their animist tradition, check out Anaxial's
> Roster for more information.
> To whose mythology does the Celestial Court belong anyway? The Orlanthi?
> The Empire? More likely the God Learners, there is certainly no reference
> as I have seen to the Celestial Court amongst southern or eastern cultures.
>
> Simon

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hi All,
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt;Well, Uleria is the sole surviving member of the Celestial Court. That cuts
<BR>&gt;across many cultures, and in many ways qualifies her for "greatness" of
<BR>&gt;itself. No mortal worships Arachne Solara (except possibly Cragspider the
<BR>&gt;Witch, to the extent she's mortal), but none of the cultures that
<BR>&gt;acknowledge her would deny her greatness.
<BR>
<BR>The inhabitants of Beast Valley all worship Arachne Solara and spirits
<BR>associated with her through their animist tradition, check out Anaxial's
<BR>Roster for more information.
<BR>To whose mythology does the Celestial Court belong anyway? The Orlanthi?
<BR>The Empire? More likely the God Learners, there is certainly no reference
<BR>as I have seen to the Celestial Court amongst southern or eastern cultures.
<BR>
<BR>Simon
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR></FONT></HTML>