Re: What's so great about Vinga?

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_fairbruk.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:05:46 +0100

In article , simonh_at_msi-uk.com writes [snip]

>Vinga is an adventuring cult, as Orlanth Adventurous (or whatever
>it's called these days) is. Vinga offers no powers of rulership,
>justice or social cohesion that Orlanth Rex offers and she
>cannot unify the masculine and femenine components of society as
>a whole.

Inspire Non-combatants affinity, and Restore Morale from the Protection affinity.

Pushing it a little, and pulling in from different subcults, but they provide some magical support for leadership under threat. I suspect the role-reversal, if it occurred at all, would only be a temporary affair, perhaps after the warrior menfolk get wiped out in a catastrophic defeat, when a Vingan could manage clan leadership to pull the clan through a decade or two to a return to normality. - --

Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_fairbruk.demon.co.uk