Re: What's so great about Vinga

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:50:15 +0100 (BST)

John Hughes:

> Or to respond a little more positively...

Only in the sense of "slightly less negatively", really.

> > > ...Vinga doesn't have much in
> > >the way of ruling aspects - leadership in an emergency seems to
> > >be about it. So there's a place for Ernalda the Leader to run
> > >the clan on an ongoing basis.
>
> Until Alex tells me why I'm not, I think I'm in fair agreement with Donald
> and Simon. (Words of three syllables or less, please Alex. And type slowly
> so I can understand).

I'm referring to Vinga's access to any given subcult of Orlanth, which IIRC, includes the leadership functions.

Now, I don't have my copy of ST to hand, so I may be misrecalling (sorry about the number of syllables, there) some detail of this, or which of the
many John Hugheses wrote this...