Vingan Clans

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:46:45 GMT

>From: simonh_at_msi-uk.com
>
>Absolutely. If all the menfolk were offed, the Ernaldans would
>take over the leadership of the clan, while the Vingans would
>become responsible for defence. Of course there can be
>exceptions, but they aren't sustainable in the long term,
>just as Clans ruled by Humakti don't last long and are generaly
>a bad idea.

I suspect this happens on a short term basis quite frequently, lasting for up to a generation while male children grow up to take the usual Orlanthi roles. Anything longer would require a cultural change which discouraged male children from joining most of the Orlanthi cults. That's why I suggested that a clan where Vinga was the main warrior cult on a long term basis would be isolated and have some reason for the lack of male warriors. In fact thinking about it such a clan probably does exist - in Esrolia. All it requires is a queen who refuses to allow men to carry weapons because they aren't to be trusted.