Yelm non est Aether.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:20:04 +0100 (BST)

Peter Larsen:
> Ah. Aether. Thanks. Aether is, I suppose, what you get if you take
> Yelm or Elmal and peel away everything that isn't the Sun. Not that anyone
> except a Godlearner (or a Dayzatar mystic) would do it. If nothing else;
> it's probably impious, treating your god like a sack of attributes.

Sounds very like what the first age (I think) Dara Happans did in the Karsdenic Clarifications, actually. "Thus he become more of a sun, and less of a god", to paraphrase.

Perhaps contra Greg, I don't think Aether is what you get from this process; Ae. is a "higher", or more general power than specifically "sun-ness", being more like "primal fire/sky".

Cheers,
Alex.