Death and suns

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:44:03 -0500

Alex Ferguson says:

>Sounds very like what the first age (I think) Dara Happans did in
>the Karsdenic Clarifications, actually. "Thus he become more of a
>sun, and less of a god", to paraphrase.

        Second, since it was a response to Carmanian influences. Yes, the Clarification does sound like what I proposed, and they didn't (apparently) get Aether. Of course, it still doesn't say anything about Elmal....

>Perhaps contra Greg, I don't think Aether is what you get from this
>process; Ae. is a "higher", or more general power than specifically
>"sun-ness", being more like "primal fire/sky".

        Well, maybe. It might still serve my purposes. Maybe there's a Vision of Many Suns in here....

>But various other theist cultures seem to get along quite happily without
>such hideously over-engineered Death Gods.

        This is a sensible statement. Humakt, the Orlanthi god, would seem to be just the tip of the deathburg....

>Well, the High Gods are at best part of the "low transcendent" (if you
>can stomach such a concept), rather than being part of any Mystical
>Ultimate, so you could argue about whether such people were "True
>Mystics" as such. OTOH, I have a pet theory or two about the sort of
>person one finds lurking around on Vormain...

        I thought if you found anyone while lurking around on Vormain, they killed you with razor wasps or something....

Peter Larsen