Mommy, why did Humakt kill my kitten?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 23:07:49 -0500

Peter Metcalfe says:

>i.e. they both need to have Death cultists in their society
>like they need an extra hole in the head.

        OK, you (and Alex Ferguson) raise this very reasonable point.

>The need to worship Death is not the same thing as the need
>to worship Sun and Storm. The first can be treated as an
>enemy god while the other two must be considered positively
>if people have to eat.

        OK, and I'll buy this, too, but, if you acknowledge a god of death, and that god has none of the qualities that otherwise distinguish Humakt (ie. he's a warrior, he stands for truth in some way, he's coonnected to swords specially) what is the relationship with Humakt the God worshipped by the Orlanthi that is distinguished less by being Death and more about being a warrior, being truthful, and having a thing for swords?

Peter Larsen