Conflict between EWF and God Learners

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:26:44 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>I don't know well about Detail War between EWF and Middle Sea
>Empire, except Kingdom of Knight as in Tradetalk Magazine, how much do
>you know about Proxy War in other Buffer Area, such as Wasteland and
>Carmania?

The struggle in the wastelands can be inferred from the Pavis and Big Rubble in the account of the Pure Horse switching sides. First they went into Prax as allies of the EWF and then became clients of the God Learners at Robcradle. Then when Waha and the Giants kicked God Learner arse, the Pure Horse went back to being friendly to the EWF again. No further God Learner intrusions are known.

There wasn't any conflict between the God Learners and the EWF in Carmania because the Carmanians hated both of them.

The only other conflict zone would be Ralios. The EWF did have friends in Delela and there was some fighting there (cf the Saga of Ingolf and also Sir Ethilrist). However Ingolf appears not to fight against the God Learners and Ethilrist appears not to fight against the EWF or the Delelans!

There is mention of a hero called Aringor Darstalsson who does the Lightbringer's quest and retrieves Narnarra the Greater to help him against the Shadow Empire and the God Learners. My thinking is that Aringor was a hero of Lankst and Narnarra was a dragon (or at least an EWF missionary). However the alliance between the EWF and Lankst turned sour and Alakoring Dragonslayer slew Narnarra and warred against the EWF.