Death to Humakt!

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:46:10 -0500

Peter Metcalfe says:

>was redeemed. They are Humakti, _they_ know the real answer.
>Other answers do not help them understand Death and thus
>are wrong.

        As long as we are talking entirely from the Humakti point of view, I have no beef with this at all.

>What needs of Heortlings is Humakt unable to fill when it
>comes to dealing with Death? Humakt is not worshipped
>because the Heortlings need to deal with Death, the rites of
>Orlanth and Ernalda fill that already (why people die, what
>happens after they die etc). Humakt is worshipped because
>a few heortlings want to understand death.

        I see. So Humakt is Death in the sense of the moment of seperation between life and death. What happens before and what happens after is not Humakt's business (except for what he tells his direct worshippers). Is this what you mean?

Peter Larsen