Re: Vithelan matters

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:39:14 +0200

Me & Peter M:

> >The High Gods are not associated with the physical world.
> >They are rather fundamental principles: Oorduren is
> >Liberation, Vith is the World Order, Korudel is mathematics/
> >numbers etc.
>
> Is there any truth in my suspicion that they are the
> equivalent of the Celestial Court?

I have thought about that as well. While I can't make a one to one correspondence, it would make sense if the High Gods and the Celestial Court are interpretations of the same entities.

> >Here we can actually be a bit less abstract as the East Isles
> >has its own autonomous wind system which is independent of
> >Orlanth's big world storm. So I assume that if you worship
> >Veldru, the Vithelan wind god, you do _not_ give collateral
> >worship to Orlanth.
>
> However Urox also has his Storm System yet gives collateral
> worship to Orlanth. So Veldru should as well.

Is the Urox storm specifically described as autonomous?

Peter L:
> You realize that this just makes things worse.... Now there's no
> system at all.

Well, if I modify that to say that worshipping Veldru means giving rather little collateral worship to Orlanthm, as Veldru's wind system is autonomous from the world storm, would the Peters be a little happier?

Nils Weinander
There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink, and for him to find enjoyment in his work. -- Ecclesiastes 2:24

Do You Yahoo!?