Storm associations

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 21:00:06 +1200

Claude Manzato:

>Me> In the case of Urox, his storm powers are modified by his brutal
> > disorder and his death (there's also some major juju from his
> > spirit nature but I'll ignore that for now). These give him
> > powers that Orlanth does not have yet at the same time they
> > distance him from the primal storm powers.

>Are not Orlanth's storm powers modified by his other runes (mastery
>and movement)?

There's two possible answers.

The first is that his primal storm powers are those of Orlanth Thunderous. Orlanth's mastery powers belong to Orlanth Allfather while his movement powers belong to Orlanth Adventurous (though I'm having trouble understanding his rune).

The second is that the Primal Storm now manifests secondary attributes of Mastery and Movement, just as Death manifests Truth and Illusion manifests Disorder (or vice versa). These attributes are intrinsic to the primal manifestation whereas the original manifestation (like Umath for Storm) was unmodified.

I think both answers are true to varying degrees myself.