Mystical otherworld

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Sep 10 16:29:38 2001

> Cool theory. There is however an explanation why there is
> no mystical otherworld. The transcendent/absolute/ultimate
> exists beyond all otherworlds. All religions have some
> relation to it, through their otherworld. Mystics teach that
> there is a personal path to the ultimate and that it does
> not go through the otherworlds, these are rather distractions
> that you should bypass.

So where did the mythology/"pre-dawn" history of the east take place (see http://www.issaries.com/new/mythmapvithela.html )? And yes, I know there was no dawn in some/all of the east. The mythology of the theists "happened" (or happens) in the God world/plane/place. And similarly for the monotheists/sorcerers in the Sorcery world and also for (at least some of) the Animists and their Spirit world.

My (developing) theory is that the msystics had no need for a special place to store their most powerful secrets and no need to separate their deities/powerful beings from "ordinary" people. The Grey/Silver age after the LBQ (and equivalent world defining events, was the period when the Gods world split itself in two. The ordinary people took their part and integrated it into the mystical otherworld (the mundane/middle world to be) while the deities stayed in their own piece.

regards,
Charles