Continents

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:04:05 -0500

        This is sort of a silly question, but:

There's sort of a general "directionality" to the four worldviews. We have animism to the south, represented by the Great Spirit Pamalt in Pamaltela. We have mysticism to the east, represented by the mystic-ish Vith in Vithela (I suppose it ought to be Mashunasanela, but I suppose he can't be bothered). We have sorcery in the west, represented by the Great Sorceror Zzabur and the Great Prophet Malkion (of Brithos or Danmalastan, go figure). In the north, we have theism, represented by the Great Spirit Genert in Genertela.

        So what is Genert doing there, anyway? I mean, I realize that it's a way to have the Praxians be animists (a good thing), but why does the world have 2 greatest spirits (although one of them is dead)? And why is the northern continent, home of theism, named after a spirit?

Peter Larsen