Attack on Andre

From: Sloth <shwright17sons_at_altavista.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2001 18:59:36 -0700

This is in response to those careless individuals who mistook Andre's rambling's as a cheap version of the real World terror that has happened these last 72+ hours.

               I , for one, applaud Andre for trying. Also, if you would have read, Andre reacted with sympathy and compassion for the real victims and support for all of us. Not just American's, but all decent God loving humans. And you may ask yourself "what is my qualification to speak on this most sensitive and delicate matter?"

   First, my name is Senior Airman Shannon R. Wright Formerly of the 561st Aircraft Maintenance Unit/ 561st Tactical Fighter Squadron / 35 th Tactical Fighter Wing George AFB, Victorville, CA , now a Veteran resident of McSherrsytown, PA about 10 miles East of Gettysburg . Also only 50-65 miles east of Somerset, PA where Jet#4 went down, 90 miles north of the Pentagon, and 180-200 miles SW of NYC. You might say I'm right in the middle of the triangle.     In my 5 years of Honorable service I went to West Germany, Spain , Honduras- for Operation Just Cause(Panama) and 3, yes 3 trips to the Middle East. Beni Suef & Cairo West AFB, Egypt and Manama, Bahrain- The Shield & Storm.

     And  if  I  can  see  through  Andre's  words  and  see  he  is  just  drawing  up  a  hypothetical  version  of  how  an  Imperial  citizen  may  feel,  then  all  of  you  should.  And  for  those  of  you  who  have  taken  this  too  seriously  and  written  mad  letters  to  Andre  I  ask  this one   question.
       1)  Where  were  you  when  the  Airlines  took  off  the  Skymarshalls??      Where  were  you  when  they  stopped  using  local  police  forces  and  went  to  private "Rent-a-cops"  for  Airport  security??   Where  were  you  when  they  wrote  up  hiring  guidelines  for  these  Security  personal, baggage  check  people,  and  luggage  haulers??
             where  were  you  when  I  was  learning  from  1987-1991  that 50-70%  of  Arabs  and  Muslims in the  Middle  East hate  America  and  Americans?  Our  lifestyle, our religion, our wealth, and  our  Country??
Most  Arabs  and  Muslims  who  have  left  the  Middle  East  have  done  so  because  they  fear  for  their  lives,  they  do  not  agree  with  the  extremist  point  of  view ,  and  they  love  our  sense  of  Freedom  and  Life.
            And  now  this  happens.  Were  you  surprised?  I  was  not.  I've  been  expecting  this  since  August, 1987-  my  21st  birthday  and  my  first  trip  to  Egypt.  I  knew  then  that  since  we  bombed  Libya  the  year  before  that  a  terrorist  attack  could  happen  at  any  moment.  I  just  prayed  everyday  that  I was not  around  when  it  happened,  or  if  I  was  that  I  could  make  a  positive  difference  in the  outcome  of  events.
      And  to  see  those  airliners  crash  into  the  WTC,  then  the  Pentagon,  and  possibly  the  Capitol  building  if  not  for  the  heroics  of  the  4th  jets  passengers,  I  was  numb.  Then  enraged  to  see  on  CNN   Palestinian  children   celebrating  in  the  streets   the  deaths  of thousands  of  innocent  people.  Then  sick  to  see  a  Pepsi  cooler  in  the  merchants  shop  where  they  were  celebrating.  To  think  an  American   company   would  deal  with  people  like  that.
        So  I  ask  again.  Where  were  you??
  And  where  will  you  be  when  they  want  tougher  laws  on  these  crimes??  And  stricter  regulations  on  the  Airlines??  And  taxes  to   help  pay  for  the  added  security??    Will  you  and  your  voices  still  be  heard??      Or  will  you  fade  into  the  woodwork   when  they  ask  for  these   things??
I  wonder  how  things  will change  in  six  months?  A  year.  5  years.        Will  things  be  changed  and  safer  ,  or  will  we  just  put  this  in  the  backs  of  our  minds  until  the  next  crisis.
                           I  wonder??

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
Find the best deals on the web at AltaVista Shopping! http://www.shopping.altavista.com