Continents

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:58:31 -0500

Peter Metcalfe says:

me:
>>There's sort of a general "directionality" to the four worldviews.
>>[...] We have sorcery in the west, represented by the Great Sorceror
>>Zzabur and the Great Prophet Malkion (of Brithos or Danmalastan, go
>>figure).
>
>Brithos is only a surviving fragment of the original Danmalastan,
>the Land of Logic. Other fragments of this land are Jrustela,
>Luathela, the Vadeli Isles and Slon.

        Yeah. My (totally irrelevant) point was that north, east, and south are named after a being, while west gets "Danmalastan," and no "-ela"in sight. I had been briefly confused over whether "Danmalastan" was even a place, but I found a couple of quotes to say that it was (another whacking big continent, in fact).

>Because it was named after the greatest magical entity there?

        I must assume that, yes. So the question is now: "Why was the greatest magical entity in Genertela a spirit?" Assuming, of course, that Genert was a spirit, which might be rash.

Peter Larsen