Ritual challenges rather than direct challenges

From: chrisgraham <chrisgraham_at_netscapeonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:30:07 +0100

I gotta thinking. Could you undertake rituals to negate powerful effects on land on a small scale. I'm thinking negating delecti's effect on the land. Stake out a piece of soggy land next to the marsh. Challenge delecti to show his forces to challenge his ownership, hopefully the nasty dude doesn't turn up but some of his resident evil does in the form of zombies, ghosts etc, dependent on your power, the runelord attract the real nasty creatures the local orlanti thane attracts a few zombies with always the chance of something even worse turning up.

If you ritually defeat the monsters aka delecti you have proven your right to ownership of the land. I'm thinking the ritual could be used on any ground that is under the influence of magic. It's just that you challenge only a small piece of land so the magic to undertake the ritual could be used any anyone.

As a possible offshoot could you "bless" the land to avoid the area effect coming back.

Cheers
Chris

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #535