Tolat's fertility

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:47:38 +1200

Carl Fink:

> > But 1/297 does not make a "significant fertility aspect".

>How about 100%?

Of the god? No.

>Tolat fathers ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the children of an
>entire nation.

Even if this were true (i.e. I'll ignore MOB's ideas), that does not give the God a large fertility aspect. Rather the Amazons have made a minor fertility association pivotal in their society.

>If the ritual is held one day per year, it still generates
>powerful enough fertility magic to keep the whole nation going.

IMO it generates a lower birthrate than normal human societies to the extent that the Amazons have to replenish their numbers through a) raiding of surrounding societies (Kralorela, Teshnos, Melib) for females and b) maintenance of a lifestyle that does not require a high population density.