A couple of Goddish points

From: Mark Galeotti <Mark_at_galeotti.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:39:31 +0100

Claude Manzato:
> >I am not sure I get it right. Do you mean that nothing mortals can do
> >will modify the god's statut?

Peter Metcalfe:
> Mortals can do a few things to modify a god's stature (such as
> killing him etc) but the number of worshippers in itself does
> not modify their stature. The number of worshippers can be
> still useful for several things (such as assisting the god in
> beating up another god).

In a way, the parallel is with heroes and followers. If a hero has lots of followers, they can lend lots of APs in a contest. Handy, but they don't permanently boost the hero, and the hero who depends on this advantage becomes vulnerable to an enemy who first of all gets rid of the followers. Much like the Lunar strategy in Sartar - kill, demoralise and convert Orlanthi, to leave the way open for an attack on Himself.

Joerg Baumgartner:
> >Monster Man/Deshkorgos

Peter Metcalfe:
> Monster Man is Deshkorgos. Valare speculates about Derdromus,
> Ganesataurus and Deshkorgos being the same. This is stated
> as being disproved in the Entekosiad p17 footnote 4, but that
> looks a bit garbled to me - I think it should read that Derdromus
> is the same as Deshkorgos but both are not Ganesataurus.

Definitely - Deshkorgos is MM, a servant of Lodril. He's not a nice chap but he is an accepted part of the Solar order. Ganesatarus is an outsider, enemy and all-round Bad Lad.

Mark