White Moon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:02:28 +1200

Sinpei Umemura:

>It seems that New White Moonies are devided into some organization
>with a thin relation each other. Then what the True Nature of
>"Keepers of the White Moon"? They don't look like mere False
>Saintly Swindlers.

IMO a Keeper of the White Moon is any leader or devotee in a White Moon movement. They have no conscious organization but work in mysterious co-ordination with each other (very much like the anti-globalisation movement in the Real World). On the other hand, one could create an organization called the Keepers that actually encourage the formation of white moon cults for some cryptic purpose of their own.

As for Saintly Swindlers, I do not believe all the leaders of the White Moon movements are corrupt. What I meant to suggest was that otherwise ordinary people had been gifted (or cursed) with some radical form of consciousness. Those that have tried to understand it have gone mad (the prophetic madmen). Others have remained sane because they have not tried to understand it - the cost is that their radical consciousness is in disharmony with their worldly desires (money, food, sex), and this manifests as corrupt behaviour.